August 23, 2010

new blog design!

Tired of being embarrassed by my boring, standard blog design, I began poking around in the html before bed last night to see if I could do something about it.

Ta-dah!!

It's not done and it's not perfect, but it's the beginning of a start to brightening some things up around here, and that's a good thing.  If I like the way my blog looks, I'm a lot more likely to actually contribute to it, because what's the point in having a blog you never use?

A couple thoughts about the process:

1. I have a real love/hate relationship with programming.  I really hate it because it can be so tedious and frustrating, almost all of the time.  However, the thrill of manipulating the internet and getting the computer to cooperate with me is enough to keep me going... for awhile.  Once all of the big issues are solved and there's no more instantaneous feedback, programming becomes a lot less exciting, and then we quickly develop a hate/hate relationship instead.  but for now, it's a puzzle to solve, and I'm a big sucker puzzles.

2. I'm really not a programmer, so while everything looks all right on my computer, it might look like a gigantic disaster on yours.  If it does, could you let me know?  I haven't given up on this project yet, so the more puzzle pieces I have, the better.

More crafts soon :)

2 comments: