January 18, 2011

Christmas in January

Bee Blocks for Jessica  
Jessica asked for Christmas themed blocks for her month in the KC Scrappy Bee.  (Thankfully her month was December!  I would have felt really weird making these in March!

She had the really genius idea of laying out the quilt on a 4" x 4" grid, meaning we could make blocks of all shapes and sizes (well, as long as the dimensions were divisable by 4), rather than just the standard 12" square.  Thinking about it now, I wish I had really embraced this idea and made a huge tower of presents, or a really tall skinny tree - when else will I have the chance to make a 4" x 24" quilt block?  (Actually, I might have the chance really soon, since I loved this idea and am seriously considering employing it for my month in a different bee.)

Side note: I showed these blocks to my husband, and he thought the elf was just another tree, lol.  I'm not sure where I went wrong, but you can feel free to embroider a face or add some arms, Jessica!

No comments:

Post a Comment