In the midst of all of the travel chaos, I did manage to crank out a couple bee blocks this month. One at the last minute, and one way ahead of time!
First, here's the butterfly block I made for Toni in the KC Scrappy Bee. She asked for wonky butterflies, and I have to admit that I struggled with it for a long time (thereby making it the "finished at the last minute" (and then driven to the post office late at night by my husband) block).
I had planned on giving more details about my piecing process here, but that's just not going to happen. I'll just say that I eventually found success using a sort of hack-job freezer paper piecing process that I made up on the fly based on what I remembered from Elizabeth's Map of the States tutorial.
This second block, for Paula, was much smoother sailing. I finished it more than a week ago, and it's not even due until the middle of October!
I'm hoping to make a whole quilt of these someday too but, as my list of like to make someday quilts grows embarrassingly longer, don't expect to see anything like this any time terribly soon.